question

rickrv avatar image
rickrv asked

Victron 100/50 not charging Battle Born Battery

I have a new Victron 100/50 charge controller and I cant get it to charge my Battle Born Battery. My PWM controller charges fine but for some reason the Victron will not charge the Battle Born. Solar is good and I have tried my other charge controllers and they charge fine.

solarerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Rick. Reading between the lines here because too little information.

A /50 mppt suggests more than one panel, and if they're wired to suit a PWM cc then that will likely be your issue. Your Victron will require a minimum of 5V difference between Vbat and panel Voc to kick away. Once started, the diff reduces to 1V, but Voc changes to Vmp then.

If you tell us your nominal Vbat, panel Voc, Vmp, Isc and Number of, we can tell you what to do.

The 100/ notation on your mppt is actually suggesting the max panel string Voc allowable, so the aim will be to move closer to that. Fingers crossed you don't have a weird no of panels..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic