question

fredrik73 avatar image
fredrik73 asked

Global Link 520 wont connect

I have a new Global Link 520 that i have problems to install.

I have set it up according to instructions but it wont come online. The blue led keeps on blinking.

LTE-M status says ”Attaching to LTE network”.

If i try to add it from VRM it says ”The installation with the specified VRM Portal ID or IMEI could not be found.”

I live in Stockholm in Sweden and should have LTE-M coverage according to map/list from Victron.

I have a strong connection to the tele provider.

I have tried to reboot it but no luck.

I have a Smartshunt and a Smart solar device and i can see them together with the Global Link 520 in the Victron app using Bluetooth.

What might be the problem?

497d4837-c619-495f-b4d1-81a068f59626.jpeg

globallink
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
jolir avatar image
jolir answered ·

There are 2 fundamental possibilities:

1. Your area does not have LTE-M coverage. LTE alone is not sufficient; it must be LTE-M.

2. You do have LTE-M coverage, but the GL520’s internal antenna is not picking it up. Fit an external antenna (very inexpensive on Amazon) and switch the GL520 to external via the tiny switch on its top side. This is what I had to do with my installation. The external antenna increased the received power from <-90dBm to around -67dBm.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

fredrik73 avatar image fredrik73 commented ·
Thanks for your reply.

According to teleoperator i have very strong coverage in this area. And the signal is on -65db (see screenshot above).

So i dont that is the case unfortunately

Any other ideas?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes 0 ·
danapple avatar image
danapple answered ·

I had the same problem. The shop from which I bought (and to which I returned) my GlobalLink 520 says that they have a number of these devices returned with the same problem and that Victron is working on it.

Dan.

2 |3000

rgrver avatar image
rgrver answered ·
2 |3000

Related Resources

Globalink Product page

Globalink Online Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic