question

thomas-pv avatar image
thomas-pv asked

VRM Remote Firmware Update - FULL LOAD before apply settings

Hello,

last night I did a successful remote firmware update via VRM on multiplus from 2629481 2629502.

I followed: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:remote_ve.bus_firmware_updates

After "step 1" applying the firmware (but before applying update settings "step 2") I noticed in console that the victron was loading the batteries with 35A.

It took five minutes time for converting/merging and uploading the settings remote via VRM.

After applying the settings the system was running as expected.

Is this a normal behaviour that victron loads the battery between step 1 and step 2

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Thomas_PV

Yes. it will use the default settings when it reboots.

Which is why you have to disconnect charge sources like AC PV and BMS control before starting to reduce variables like bms shut down and ac pv over charging.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

thomas-pv avatar image thomas-pv commented ·
I did the update nightly with Sero SolarPower and I have no VE.BUS BMS connected. The batteries are US3000 with CAN BMS and not VE.BUS BMS.

0 Likes 0 ·