question

Panos avatar image
Panos asked

Multi problem

got a 24/5000/120 which it was removed from a three phase installation because it stoped working

The unit worked for a couple of minutes on the bench but later it stopped and all the lights were on steady but switching it on/off there is no clicking sound

All the ribbon cables are fine even it was replaced the front card from another unit for tests and it stills doesn’t work

Warranty is not covered

Any advise?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You could try to reinstalling the FW with VEflash to reset everything to default.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/updating_firmware:updating_ve.bus_products

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Panos avatar image Panos commented ·

I have done all these

0 Likes 0 ·
phoenix avatar image
phoenix answered ·

Based on generic fault finding, I'd say you have a capacitor failure on the power supply. On my 24/3000 it is the left most upright board which has both mains and battery on it.

Look for a swollen top. Sometimes freezer spray. A thermal camera might help. Tricky to pin down without a circuit, but you might be able to identify low voltage supplies from the main microprocessors, and see if they die after a few minutes.

1 comment
2 |3000

Panos avatar image Panos commented ·

Yes all capacitors the ones who are 50v/6800 are deformed i will change them and see

0 Likes 0 ·