question

timmy avatar image
timmy asked

Fronius - Victron - All Critical Loads configuration

Hello,

I have an installation in my house with a Fronius Primo 8.2 and 8000W of solar panels.
I want to put a Victron Multiplus II with battery and I have doubts about how to make the connection.

This is the scheme of my electrical panel.

froniusvictron2.jpg

This is the Victron schema:

1679908985757.png

To avoid having to comply with the 1:1 rule, by which I would need two Victron to support the 8000W of the panels, I want to put a single Victron MultiPlus II 5000VA. So that if the street grid goes down, even if the panels stop producing, I still have light at home. It is something punctual that happens at most twice a year and only for a few minutes. I don't want to separate in Loads and Critical Loads, I want that all the house will be power by the Victron.

I have been told that I have to connect the Fronius to the AC-IN of the Victron and in AC-OUT connect the house, as if the whole house were critical loads.

How would the connection be made, can anyone help me?

Fronius
froniusvictron2.jpg (146.2 KiB)
1679908985757.png (180.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mr-manuel avatar image
mr-manuel answered ·

Hello, in this case it should be very simple. The line that is feeding the house should be connected to the AC-In of the MultiPlus and the AC-Out to the breakers that feed the house. Pay attention, that you should connect a RCD switch between MutliPlus and Loads, but as of your scheme there is one.

Do you also need zero grid feed in?

51042-froniusvictron2.jpg

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ponzoa avatar image
ponzoa answered ·

Also note that you will be limiting your house consumption to 5KVA or 4kW in this set up in case of power failure. ¿Is this enough for you? If not, you need at least an 8KVA MP II or bigger.

1 comment
2 |3000

mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel commented ·

Or you can add a MultiPlus II 5k later, so you have 10k. With a 8k, 10k or 15k model you cannot add more in parallel. See the manual under "VE.Bus communication port"

1 Like 1 ·