question

kokaruu avatar image
kokaruu asked

Multiplus 1600va DC grounding.

Hi, when installing a Multiplus 12/1600/70, does it need DC grounding from chassis to DC negative? It's a fixed UPS installation, so ground is already provided by grid AC in.

I can't find anywhere in the manual for the multiplus 1600va, where it is mentioned if and how DC grounding should be done. And the circled information for what i assume is the chassis ground lug, seems rather strange, I actually don't understand exactly what it means.
What is "chassis on input/output ground terminals" ?

I assume it means that chassis is connected to input/output ground and should have permanent "uninterruptable" ground connection? Which then in my case is already provided by fixed AC in.

Edit: And probably just a spelling mistake "on" Should be "or".

multiplus.png^ Appendix: B of Multiplus 1600va Manual

This example shows DC grounding.1600va-example.png

Grounding
1600va-example.png (643.1 KiB)
1679512910248.png (79.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jons Collasius avatar image
Jons Collasius answered ·

As stated in the manual:
Uninterruptible protective grounding must be provided at the AC input and/or output terminals and/or chassis grounding point located externally on the product.
No other grounding is needed if AC in is uninterruptible connected to earth/ground.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kokaruu avatar image kokaruu commented ·

So just to be clear, I don't have to ground to my battery negative terminal in the setup shown below? Is this only when additional DC components are added?

simple-multiplus-backup-power.png

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic