question

mcwidowmaker avatar image
mcwidowmaker asked

Victron Quattro infrequently rebooting with no visible reason

I have an offgrid victron system (mains is turned off unless battery state of charge drops below 25%) with 3 Smart MPPT chargecontrollers, a cerbo GX, 2 Blue nova battery banks with total capacity of 45kwh and a 15kw Quattro inverter.

Around once every 2 - 3 weeks, the inverter would switch off and turn the power back on around 90 seconds later.

Today I was close when it happened and I had a look at all the components while it happened. Both battery banks were above 90% SoC. Loads on the system was below 1kw. All three charge controllers was on and charging in bulk mode.

The inverter's relay clicked and the power went out. All three charge controllers continued charging the banks and everything appeared to be working as normal. Around 90 seconds later, the inverter's relay re-engaged and the power came on again. It was almost as if the inverter rebooted itself.

There are no error messages in the logs, the cerbo remained on during this time and doesn't show anything out of the ordinary. Is this normal?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Talfan Stamps avatar image
Talfan Stamps answered ·

Did u notice what light sequence was showing on the quattro when this happened?

I had a 15kVA Quattro that would do something similar, the only remedy was to replace the unit under warranty. It was a late 2020 model...

Although the problem was more repetitive than yours comes across..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mcwidowmaker avatar image
mcwidowmaker answered ·

I will check if i can catch it again when it happens.

2 |3000