question

some-user avatar image
some-user asked

Three Quattro 48/8000 230v devices different humming levels

Hello,

I just powered on three Quattro's (DC only, building a 3 phase system). The Quattro's are only connected to DC (same battery bank) and come straight out of the box. I updated the firmware and I noticed a big difference in 50Hz humming noise level between the 3 devices while doing so (to be clear not any programming yet, three separate devices with default settings running the latest firmware).

• Device 1 has a really load hum.
  • Device 2 two is almost quiet, you can't almost hear anything.
  • Device 3 is somewhere in-between.

I was just wondering, is this normal behavior? I would expect that the noise level of all three devices should be about the same. And where is the noise coming from? There is no AC input so there isn't anything to charge. There also isn't any load connected to the AC output.

Best regards

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
lanahans avatar image
lanahans answered ·

I also have two 48v Quattros, slightly smaller (4000w). I bought them last year. I cannot say whether or not it is normal but I have one that is completely quiet, and one that exhibits a hum. I have not been able to figure out the difference.

Mine are set up the same way, off grid with a large battery bank.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.