question

philpy avatar image
philpy asked

Hi i have the blue solar 100/20 with a explorer 220ah agm battery and 245w panel. Could you tell what setting the battery type should be on please

Hi i have the blue solar 100/20 with a explorer 220ah agm battery and 245w panel. Could you tell what setting the battery type should be on please.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The charge parameters differ between manufacturers and battery types, so it would be best if you consult the datasheet for your battery then it will tell you exactly how the charge parameters need to be set.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

christyler avatar image
christyler answered ·

I'm my opinion, your charge controller is a bit small for the Panel. If the panel does actually produce 245 w it will be at the limit of that controller.

2 comments
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

It'd be close to the limit at 12V, above 13V there will be plenty of headroom. It'll be rare for the panel to make the full 245W.
I think that panel and charge controller are a good match.

0 Likes 0 ·
hardstuff avatar image hardstuff commented ·

I doubt its tuo big for controller. Voltage Will break controller, if over 100 V, i think MPPT controller can regulate incoming amps

0 Likes 0 ·
anotherlocal avatar image
anotherlocal answered ·

Hi, how is your system working? I have a similar set up of 285 W panel, 100/20 controller onto 210Ah leadacid. My reading says that the panel is 36v. Is this right?

2 |3000