question

stsl avatar image
stsl asked

How is the GX in a MultiPlus II GX powered?

I have a question that might be somewhat odd. I have a MultiPlus-II GX installed and as I understand, it's a "normal" MultiPlus that also contains a GX device, similar to a Cerbo GX.

The question is: is this "internal" GX device powered by the battery (DC) or by the inverter (AC). In other words, when I shut down the inverter (e.g. by going to "charger only"), would the GX device shut off if there was no AC input, only battery DC input?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jons Collasius avatar image
Jons Collasius answered ·

AFAIK it's hooked up internally to the Battery Port

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mr-manuel avatar image mr-manuel commented ·
How is the GX device then powered, if there is no battery? For testing I connected only AcIn and the GX is powered. Does the MultiPlus-II provide power on the battery port, even if there is no battery?
0 Likes 0 ·
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

AFAIR that is why you should turn on the battery input and wait for the Cerbo to power up before turning on the AC.

2 |3000