question

vinceyboy avatar image
vinceyboy asked

isolation switch

Hi I have a 1600w multi plus inverter in my caravan, now if I forget to swith it off on my phone it drains the battery over a short period of time. My question is, is it possible to have an isolation switch installed or is there a remote device that hooks up to the multiplus that i can have in a convenient place in the van so I see it before i exit. thanks in anticapition

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

My understanding is you want a manual switch so either as michaeld suggested or the https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/digital-multi-control-panel-gx. The battery protect will switch DC loads or the inverter off based on a "condition", the battery voltage and will still require a separate wired switch if you want to turn it off when you exit the vehicle.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaeld avatar image
michaeld answered ·

Yes, you can use the remote on-off port. It's the two pins with a wire bridging them, replace that with a switch.

2 |3000

oldwave avatar image
oldwave answered ·

Also you would be a candidate for the smart battery protect that would shut off the dc loads at a predetermined soc and can be used as a shut off switch

2 |3000

vinceyboy avatar image
vinceyboy answered ·

Thanks for your answers lads is there a particular switch you would recommend please

2 |3000