question

dustdevyl avatar image
dustdevyl asked

what is the difference between the Multiplus II, PMP482505000 and PMP482505010

Hi there,

My installer wanted to install PMP482505000 version of the Multiplus II and that blew up on power up.

At the same time i finalised my agreement with this company i also had quotes for a PMP482505010 which appears a slightly newer version of the same Multiplus II. I found on your website the following link https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/MultiPlus-II-to-MultiGrid-and-MultiPlus-comparison-EN.pdf . This shows some differences but now i am very curious what the difference between the 2 versions is. Is it different hardware from maybe a different supplier inside the inverter and no difference in reliability? Are there improvements in the PMP482505010 that would make it more reliable? i.e. should i insist on the latest version considering that is what i paid for?

Some feedback would be much appreciated! Or maybe there's documentation available that would explain the differences in more detail?

Rgds

Erik

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

As far as I know just some updated hardware, all the Specs are the same best to get the

PMP482505010 if you are ordering a new one

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dustdevyl avatar image dustdevyl commented ·

That's what i was thinking. I ordered a complete system including the inverter but the installer arrived with the 5000. Would not have worried too much about it had it worked but it blew up on power up so now i am thinking i should be insisting on the 5010 as it was available when i signed the deal.

Would be interesting to know if Victron still builds the 5000 version or if every new build now is the 5010 version.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B dustdevyl commented ·

If it blew up then they will likely replace it with a new 5010 unit anyway

0 Likes 0 ·
dustdevyl avatar image dustdevyl Paul B commented ·

That certainly will be my expectation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ dustdevyl commented ·

Victron is no longer producing the 5000 rev Multiplus-II with the M6 bolts.

0 Likes 0 ·
dustdevyl avatar image dustdevyl Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you Guy, do you know roughly when the 5000 version was discontinued?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ dustdevyl commented ·

Not for sure, sorry. Best to talk to your local distributor and ask them specifically for the model that you want. They can check their stock availability for their area.

Victron inverters go all over the world at different speeds.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hmmm. Intriguing question as it is all there in black and white. 5010 has ever so slightly larger footprint. AC2 out connected via relay and not directly to AC input anymore. Battery voltage /temp sense incorporated as opposed to via external Ve.bus dongle. There are also more physical individual sensor connectors if it takes your fancy. I also noticed they introduced a 24v option in the 5010 range. I suspect there may be some other small enhancements too, but the question is would it have made any difference to your purchase if you did not know? Either way I am sure it cannot harm, which you choose.

2 |3000