question

Nicolas Parrain avatar image
Nicolas Parrain asked

Mppt 150/35 12v but not 24

Hi everyone, I got the blue solar mppt 150/35 set up on 12v and works great but when i plug 2 batteries to pass on 24v it start blinking like "battery or pv overvoltage" from the led definition on the app victron toolkit. I don't understand why it should work up to 48v. Thx

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Nicolas Parrain

You would need to tell the mppt you have changed the battery voltage using Victron connect and bluetooth with a VE BT dongle or a usb to ve direct cable.

Change the battery voltage and charged voltages accordingly, you can't use it without programming it to suite your batteries.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

You can not simply change the batteries.

If you want to have the autodetect 12/24/48 to work, disconnect the Solarpanels, wait a minute, connect the batteries. The MPPT should now correctly detect the battery.

Now reconnect the Solarpanels.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
This might work, might not. Better to follow the manual as @Alexandra said.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Also if it does redetect it still wont make the charge voltages correct for the batteries.
0 Likes 0 ·