question

sv-stellaii avatar image
sv-stellaii asked

Multiplus 230V gives out only 115v

Hi guys, i just installed a used 230v 3000kva Multiplus.

The inverter gives me only half the voltage its supposed to.

So far i have no MK3 Interface to check the config. Did i buy a damaged unit or could have the previous owner set it up for 115v in VE config? Is that even possible?

Thanks for helping out!

S/V Stella II

Arne

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@SV StellaII It could be that AES (power saving) has been enabled.

If you have a multi II you will need a mk3 cable to program the multi.

If it is a Multi, you can disable AES via the dip switches. Manual page 16.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
abrahamsolar avatar image
abrahamsolar answered ·

Hi, from CO, @sv-stellaii . The American style Multiplus has a transformer that's physically wound differently from the 230v Euro version. There's no way to change that with VEconfig. (VEconfig can change the frequency but not the voltage architecture). With the front cover removed, look for a white label on the inner left surface of the blue box. That will have a lengthy part number that you can google to make sure you really have a Euro type Multi. If so, make sure you've got healthy DC from the battery, then consider finding a repair shop. If you have an American unit, it'll need replacing. In either case...condolences & Sunny Days...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic