question

guennie69 avatar image
guennie69 asked

Multiplus 2 GX 48V/5000 430Hz Noise

Hello,

From a discharge power of about 1000W, the inverter starts to get very loud with a frequency of 430Hz.

where can this come from ?

Regards

Guennie

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Can come from ripple relay control signals from the mains, this is a problem in NZ.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

guennie69 avatar image
guennie69 answered ·

But this Multiplus is here in Austria 190Hz and not in NZ.

And why exactly 430Hz ?

2 |3000

guennie69 avatar image
guennie69 answered ·

I have now made some progress:

The noise is probably caused by the power output in the direction of the heat pump's inverter:

If I switch off the heat pump and discharge any amount up to 3kW from the battery into the mains - no further noise is heard apart from the louder 50Hz hum of the ring core transformer.

As soon as I switch on the inverter heat pump, however, this 430Hz sound from the Multiplus starts at a discharge power of approx. 1 kW.

My guess:

Something is resonating here due to the heat pump inverter in the Multiplus.

Are there any filter options to prevent these resonance frequencies?

Regards

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Guennie69

Yes you basically need a harmonic filter there is but it needs to be sized correctly for your application. So best to find boots on the ground or a more in person approach.

0 Likes 0 ·