question

David Lott avatar image
David Lott asked

Quattro Option 2a: two stacked units

I have 2 Quattro 12|5000|221-100|100 120V units operating in 180 degree split phase mode. In the document "Manual - Quattro 5k 120-240V - rev 02 - EN.pdf" section 2.3 Option 2a describes a mode where only one 120V shore power leg is available:
"If only one 120V leg is available at the AC input, one unit will connect to it, and the other unit will operate on battery power. System output will be 120/240V or 120/208V, depending on configuration. Power from the 120V leg that is available will be used to charge the battery, compensating for power taken from the battery by the second unit."

I would like to operate in this mode part of the time but thus far I have been unable to get the Quattros to perform this task. They register the 120V leg that is being input but they never switch through any mains power. I can't find any reference to this feature in the latest documentation, but I used the older document when making my purchasing decision based on availability of this feature. Is this mode of operation still possible?

Thanks so much.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

did you uncheck 'switch as group'?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

David Lott avatar image David Lott commented ·

I did not... where do I find that option?

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ David Lott commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
David Lott avatar image
David Lott answered ·

Thanks, I found the "switch as group" option and tried it. It appeared to work properly; 1 Quattro switched to "Mains" and the other "Inverting" but only half my devices had power. When I checked the buses with a meter I noticed that in this configuration the Quattro that was inverting was putting out 120V on the neutral bus. It is not doing this with both Quattros in inverting mode. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

2 |3000