question

ksaltman avatar image
ksaltman asked

Zigbee2mqtt on CerboGX and Nodered

I am considering running Victron's Large OS Image with Nodered on a CerboGX.

I would also need the Zigbee2mqtt service running and a Zigbee USB Dongle to control Zigbee devices in my system.

Has anyone run Zigbee2mqtt on a CerboGX?

Node-RED
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

I have Zigbee2mqtt on an RPi4 running the large image. In my case it controls a flashed IKEA Smart Socket.

I don't own a Cerbo but would guess it would work on that too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chefbauer avatar image
chefbauer answered ·

zigbee2mqtt is working on CerboGX!
Stick: SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus ZBDongle-P

Normal installation to /data/zigbee2mqtt

But /dev/ttyUSB0 was occupied by VenusOS.

Short solution/workaround Cerbo (took me hours):

In file /etc/venus/serial-starter.conf disable gps.

service cgwacs          dbus-cgwacs
#service gps            gps-dbus
service modbus          dbus-modbus-client.serial
service modem           dbus-modem
service mkx             mk2-dbus
service vedirect       vedirect-interface
service fzsonick        dbus-fzsonick-48tl
service imt             dbus-imt-si-rs485tc

alias   rs485           cgwacs:fzsonick:imt:modbus
alias   default         gps:vedirect

include /data/conf/serial-starter.d

Best option: blacklist /dev/ttyUSBxx for VenusOS
Anyone knows how / a better method?

2 comments
2 |3000

Charles Gomes avatar image Charles Gomes commented ·

How did you get Zigbee2MQTT on the CerboGX ? Did you had to compile and build for it or is there a prepackaged binary ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Charles Gomes avatar image Charles Gomes Charles Gomes commented ·

I learn that zigbee2mqtt is written in NodeJS so no need to compile. However I'm not fond of the amount of CPU resources nodejs uses. Perhaps z2t would be better suited for the CerboGX CPU.

0 Likes 0 ·
trygvelu avatar image
trygvelu answered ·

Hi!

Currently looking into integrating some zigbee devices. I have installed zigbee2mqtt, and my configuration detects the ConBee2 usb stick as /dev/ttyACM0, but I think it fails on connecting to the mqtt broker. This is running VenusOS Large v3.10~8 on a RPi3.

Are you able to share how you installed and configured zigbee2mqtt - are you using the local mosquitto broker?

2 |3000

xsilvergs avatar image
xsilvergs answered ·

flows.json.txt

@trygvelu

This is how I send commands to zigbee. Remove the ".txt" and hopefully you can import that into your Node-Red

flowsjson.txt (18.3 KiB)
2 |3000

roger-seibel avatar image
roger-seibel answered ·

I am running the SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus ZBDongle-P with Zigbee2MQTT and Mosquito MQTT Server on a separate VM (Ubuntu 22.04).

There I am running ioBroker and some more things.

On Cerbo i installed the same Zigbee2MQTT node red module and connected the Cerbo to this Mosquitto MQTT Server. That runs fine, too, without any further changes on the Cerbo.

2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hey all, cool to read that you made this work!

2 |3000

kjelsiv avatar image
kjelsiv answered ·

Couldn't access to the Zigbee sensors have been obtained by accessing the Zigbee hub via a LAN cable? Thereby no need for a dongle and MQTT, just read out the data when needed.

2 |3000