question

alaskannoob avatar image
alaskannoob asked

Your thoughts, Quattro 48/15000 or Multiplus-II 48/15000, which would you choose?

We are almost ready to install our completely off grid and always off grid solar system. We own and will implement everything in the system as is, according to the design below, with the exception of the Multiplus II 48/15000 shown in the top left of our diagram (we planned to order it but have not yet). But now, we are considering a Quattro 48/15000 instead of the Multiplus II 48/15000. Any thoughts one way or another on which would be better for our application as we've tried to diagram it out below or any experience with these devices you could share?
wire-1.jpeg

wire-2.jpeg

wire-3.jpeg

The differences I detect, are:

• The Quattro will allow bringing in two sources of AC power to the MP's one. This would allow us to hook up a second generator, so this is a plus. I gather only one generator at a time can run though, but perhaps with relay programming it could be such that it tries to autostart one and if it doesn't run (because it's out of fuel) it tries to start the other?

• The Quattro's peak power is less and its zero load draw is about twice as much as the MP-II

• The Quattro is slightly lighter.

• The BIG plus I see is that *apparently* the Quattro can actually be operated in parallel (or so it says on the data sheet under "System Configuring").

We would need it to charge our Pylontech batteries, and the Victron Compatibility guide says the Quattro will work with them. And, most importantly, I would need it to send single phase 240V to our cabin 700 feet away to the Autotransformer and the Autotransformer manual says it works with Quattro.

I'm curious if there is any difference between the two as far as handling dump loads when the batteries are full and the PV is still bringing in power and has more power than current AC loads?

Is there any fatal flaw we're missing with the Quattro in our application instead of going with a Multiplus II 48/15000? Many thanks for any help or experiences shared about this equipment!
MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
wire-1.jpeg (1.8 MiB)
wire-2.jpeg (1.5 MiB)
wire-3.jpeg (660.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jasbir Rathor avatar image
Jasbir Rathor answered ·

Beautiful design. What programmer did you used? Very nice. I have a solar system running right now that has 48 V, 32 Solar Panels 410 W bifacial. 2 RS 450 / 200, 2 Quattros 10000 , BMV 712 Cerbo GX, Touch 50 and all three Lynx and other good stuff from Victron . It is about week , So far it is great. Thanks to Victron products and help from Victron community. I am in middle of Alberta, Canada. I am not an expert just suggestion that design like yours go with Quattro 10000 or 15000 .

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.