question

houser avatar image
houser asked

Feature wish: Node Red links on main VRM page

Just another user happy with the direction of the Victron software direction.

Here is a feature request/wish: Some Node Red links on main VRM page.

A refinement and extension of what is already there would be very nice and useful:

1. The ability to have a direct link from the main VRM page and app to go directly to the NR dash with one tap.

2.The ability to have a few custom text fields that could be set up in Node Red and be displayed on the main VRM page. Thanks for listening.

VRMNode-REDvrm advanced
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@houser You can get at the Node Red UI through VRM, on the left hand side menu is an option called Venus OS Large and clicking on this gives you a link to Node Red.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

houser avatar image
houser answered ·

Thanks @Bathnm

I am well aware of that as we have used the NR large since the early betas, but as The Node Red Dash is by far the most used feature here, we would really appreciate a one-tap link directly on the VRM, maybe beside the new buttons for the relays and such or possibly in a new widget. Would probably make sense for many people I suspect. Should probably have made clear in my first post that I am aware of the 3-tap way on a mobile, but if you use it all the time those 3 taps become a little dull ;) When you are local at the site we can use a direct
1-tap link web app, but for remote work not so much. But thanks again. appreciate the reply.!

2 |3000