question

luo-jingzhi avatar image
luo-jingzhi asked

AC output wire size for MultiPlus 12|2000

What is the AC output wire size MultiPlus 12|2000|80, and it's 120v

I've been searching this for a while, but only found some answers for 12|3000.

Thanks very much.

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@luo_jingzhi

You will be more than safe using the recommended wire for the 12/3000 120v

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Nate avatar image
Nate answered ·

well, per the victron manual for the 12|2000|120, (you didnt specify wether you had 230 or 120, if you have the 230 version youll need to check your manual for that info, since PowerAssist will likely be different)

AC-out
With its PowerAssist feature the Multi can add up to 2kVA (that is 2000 / 120 = 17A) to
the output during periods of peak power requirement. Together with a maximum input
current of 50A this means that the output can supply up to 50 + 17 = 67A.

So your inverter can output up to 67A, Further, you need to know how long the cable is going to be, once you get this information, you can plug that into a wire sizing calculator (make sure its for AC Power, there are several online) and get your answer!

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luo-jingzhi avatar image luo-jingzhi commented ·
Hey Nate, thanks very much for your answer, I have little knowledge of electrical things, but it really helps. My inverter is actually 12|2000|80 120v, and the wire is around 1.5 meters long.
0 Likes 0 ·
Nate avatar image Nate luo-jingzhi commented ·
You'll want to check your manual for the maximum current available on the AC-Out connection. You'll want to do this for every wire run you make. if you under-size the wire it will lead to a high resistance across the wire, you'll have power delivery issues and it can melt under load which can lead to electrical shorts and a massive fire hazard.

0 Likes 0 ·