question

dmin avatar image
dmin asked

cable size mppt to battery

Hi

I have a 75/15 Victron mppt, can you give me guidance on what cable that I should use to connect it from the Mppt to the battery. I have been advised on a forum that 10amps is okay but looking at the data sheet I may need more. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

amps
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

That MPPT can generate 15A at full capacity.
The terminals can accept 6mm² cable maximum, although 4mm² would be a OK too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dmin avatar image
dmin answered ·

Thanks that’s really great as I have some 4mm2 already. Any chance anyone would know about the cable size from a 180w panel to the mppt as I need to extend the wire by about 2m.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

I'd choose the same cable dimensions that your panel's cable tails have.

0 Likes 0 ·
dmin avatar image
dmin answered ·

Thanks and that makes sense. I’m just rushing too much and preparing to buy everything for when the panel arrives. Waiting and matching the existing cable is the way forward.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic