question

sigalasa avatar image
sigalasa asked

Blue solar-Smart solar Communication

Hi to all,

So i have this case, in which the end user has 3xBlue Solar 150/60 and 1xSmart Solar 150/85.

My question is if those MPPTs can somehow communicate and synch with each other so they set their max charging current or Equalize parameters correctly.

Do i need Cerbo Gx or something like that to achieve it?

Thanks in advance.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @sigalasa

For synchronised charging check the VE.Smart Networking compatibility.

In general it's possible to have them communicate with each other via Bluetooth (BlueSolar chargers require a VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle). A GX device is not needed.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sigalasa avatar image sigalasa commented ·

Hi @Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff)

Thanks for the quick response.

I checked the link that you send me and in chapter 4 (VE.Smart Networking Product Compatibility) i saw that as for the bluesolar MPPTs, they:

"Uses received sense data to optimise charging. Synchronised charging via Bluetooth is not possible."

The intention is that those 4 MPPTs can for expample absorb or bulk or Equalize at the same time and synchronize about those matters.

I m kind of new to these topics so forgive me if i m missing somthing obvious.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ sigalasa commented ·
Oops, I should have known better. Thanks for the pointer. Using the VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle, synchronised charging is not possible. It only uses received sense data (from a BMV/SmartShunt/Smart Battery Sense. Sorry for the confusion.
1 Like 1 ·
thanar avatar image
thanar answered ·

Chargers' external control is required for such a synchronized behavior afaik, and you can't get there without GX control. So, either a GX device is needed (along with the proper cables to connect everything together), or a RaspPi running VenusOS along with even more cables and adapters.

2 |3000