question

scraggs avatar image
scraggs asked

fluctuating AC output voltage

Hi
I added a new widget to my VRM page and noticed the voltage on the multiplus is fluctuating quite a bit, I have checked all the wiring and it appears fine.
Anyone have any suggestions what could be going on here ?
Setup is 48v 930ah (C5) traction battery
Victron 48/8000/110
Fronius 8.2-1
250/100MPPT ve can
Smartshunt 500
Cerbo GX
Off grid

yard-vrm-portal-2023-02-22-180957.jpg

voltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Scraggs

Is it inverting when doing this or.on grid?

0 Likes 0 ·
scraggs avatar image scraggs Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Alexandra
Sorry I have just added the setup.
It's in an off grid setup, so inverting.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Scraggs

Probably just your loads. We offgridders don't have a grid buffer, and all those little mongrel devices like chopping power supplies can show up. This from my own system (Multi 5000)..

1677122081581.png At 01:15 my evap aircon shut down. Running on min speed, and who knows what the ac regulator on it does to V when working? Couple of spikes there too from an ac water pump. My genset is far worse, so I'm actually very happy that it can control to within that range.

1677122081581.png (45.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

scraggs avatar image scraggs commented ·
Hi @JohnC

As always thank you for your valued input.That has reassured me, part of the issue is that along with this I have had more flickering led lights lately but this time when running inverter only with the Fronius switched off, but further investigating has now nailed it down to a new 3D printer I have been running for the last week (appears to be the stepper motors).
I am able to access a grid connected single socket so monitored the voltage on it throughout the night and it has varied higher than the Victron, going from 245v to 237.5v.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic