question

malone999 avatar image
malone999 asked

Battery percentage

Could I please have some advice with the identifying the equipment I need to read the battery bank percentage?

I have an off grid setup with the following equipment:

1 x Phoenix Inverter Smart 12v 2000va

2 x Smart Solar MPPT 100/50 12V

1 x Blue smart IP22 Charger 12v 30a - Occasionally used to top up battery bank. Connected directly to the battery bank.

6 x Batteries in Parallel configuration

The Victron app only shows the battery voltage.

Thanks.

Zain.

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
matt1309 avatar image
matt1309 answered ·

Hi @malone999

Depending on battery chemistry converting voltage to state of charge can be unreliable (LiFePo4) and instead you need to "count" amps in vs amps out. Often battery management systems will have this built in. However if not Victron Smart Shunt should be what you're after. (you might need 2 of them if Blue smart IP22 charger needs monitoring also, im unfamiliar with that charger so cant comment sorry)

You could also get a cerbo gx/venus os on a raspberry pi in addition to the smart shunt which would allow for remote monitoring via vrm, if you have an internet connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.