question

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack asked

MultiPlus-II 24/5000 AC out power consumption without load

Good evening,

since my own GenSet (Hatz Diesel 1,9kW) is still in repair, I just use this Winter the 6th time a rental SDMO HX6000. But this is now the second time, where I have massive issues with my MultiPlus-II 24/5000.

When I started the Generator this morning around 9:30, everything went OK. Once the Tank was empty afte 2 1/2 hours, I connected a 20l Kanister to it (always Bensin 98) and it was running 8 hours perfectly. The SOC reached 85% and the Battery was at 28,1V.

Now I had to get another 20l Kanister and restarted the Generator and hoped it can thenext 8 hours until 04:00 in the Morning and the Battery is 100%.

Not even 20min later the generator got a hikup and the MultiPlus-II went from bulk charging into Inverter Mode.

Interesting is, that in Inverter Mode the MultiPlus-II show in the ColorControl GX 14W power consumption. WTF?

There is NOTHING connected!

The the MultiPlus-II switched back into Charging mode and now the power consumption on AC1out is 146W!

The Inverter get again a hikup and the MultiPlus-II switch back into Inverting Mode.

@VictronStaff : Can it be that the MultiPlus-II is defective?

I have usually set the AC1in current to 17A which the HX6000 is rated for 20,9A and currently I have reduced the Input current to 11A and for now it works, but the charging is only with 65A and the Battery Voltage is down at 27,1V.

Note: I got the MultiPlus-II in October and after setting the input current limit to 17A plus the battery absorbtion Voltage to 29,6V I have nothing else touched and it was working the first 4 times perfect, but now this 2 times everything is messed up.

Thanks for your Help

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·

Forgotten one thing:

Just before the HX6000 get a hickup, the MultiPlus-II start drawing an enormous power from the HX6000 and I see something flashing in the ColorControl GX at the AC1 load while nothing is connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Michelle Konzack Can you post a schematic of your system as well as provide some photos of the installation. Photos of the key items of equipment as well as any CT sensors and meters you have.

One thing that comes to mind is a directional CT sensor fitting the wrong way round can give odd readings like that.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
Can do it tomorrow at daylight.

However, it is a simple installation where the 70mm² cable is connected on the Power Rail between 2x2 Battery sets and goes over a 1000A Shunt (I use a BMV702 for the power readings because the SmartShunts did not exist in this time) and go directly to the DC Poles of the MultiPlus-II.

The ACin is a 3x6mm² H07RN-F with 32A/230V CEE plug for the Generator.

The ACout1 goes directly to the house.

There is nothing special.

However, the MultiPlus-II has also 14W power consumption if it is switched ON and ACout1 is physically disconnected.

If I reconnect the running and warm Generator, I see in the Color Control GX it is syncing and the when it connect the ACin the charger get active and ACout1 show a load of 184W (nothing physical connected)

This behaviour is since the last three times (24/25th January, 4/5th February and 20/21th February) I charged the Batteries with the MultiPlus-II...

I do not know if I can reproduce the error again, because since yesterday evening I have my German Army Diesel Generator back, which charge the batteries directly with 29,6V and 68A using free (of charge) Kitchen oil. The costs are only 2,5% of a Bensin 98 generator.

0 Likes 0 ·