question

wjd avatar image
wjd asked

Inverter Dropping load / output on changeover

Hi All

I've installed a Multiplus II-GX 5KVA

It is paired with a FreedomWon E-tower 5kwh battery.

The System is set up as ESS - ET112 grid meter included.

Using it like this enables me to see critical loads and AC loads separately.

ESS is set to "keep batteries charged" - No PV yet.

I have an issue that when loadshedding starts (currently 3 times a day in South Africa) the inverter drops the loads for a minute or so, then giving output again. Grid Code was set to NRS097 RSA.

I have since changed the grid code to "type B - Other", and adjusted the voltage lower and upper values to a smaller range (to try and compensate for a "brown out".)

This did not fix the problem.

This issue does not happen on every single loadshedding, but keeps on happening.

I have then swopped out the battery with another E-Tower - same issue.

If I do Mains failure tests by switching off the mains breaker everything is good, no issues.

Only when power goes down for start of loadshedding it drops the output. Not on return of mains - that works perfect.

On the VRM data I cannot see a break in output, but it is seen in the loads - lights go out, timers go out, etc.

It is not a case of overloading - it happens with loads of 250W - 400W.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thank you.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Willem avatar image
Willem answered ·

I have the same issue .

Even with Quatro 15KVA , 4x 250/100 's and a 20/14 Freedom won battery

I have exactly the same setup you have on many sites in different areas in South Africa and it seems that when load shedding starts the power OFF is different at times.

at other sites using the e-tower and Multiplus II no issues.

I once rectified it by disconnecting the coms between the batteries and the Cerbo GX

but this does not always solve the issue

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Common problem with those batteries. You will need another one or to replace it with something else.

2 |3000

Willem avatar image
Willem answered ·

Hi I Contacted FreedomWon .

They did a Firmwareupdate on the batteries.

Since the firmware update was done the system works better

2 |3000