question

johanz avatar image
johanz asked

Inverter selection

Can the Victron community give me some advise on my intended upgrade, I have RV that is now 7 year old and I have just changed from Lead Crystal batteries the Lithium Ion, my existing equipment is a follows:

4 by 300 amp solar panels

MorningStar TS MPPT-45 controller

3 x (newly added) PylonTech UP 2500 24V 2,84Kwh ea

Dometic Combi 2000 inverter charger (need to change this to Victron)

I now need to change my inverter to accommodate the Li-Ion charging and I was looking at the MultiPlus 11 or the GX, what would you advise? And what would be the best remote control, & is the GX worth the extra cost when in a RV once setup I would only require the remote to switch on and off & see the usage etc.

Appreciate any advise & comments

Thanks Johan

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

The GX allow you to setup the MultiPlus-II without a computer, while the NON-GX would need the VE.Bus to USB-Cable or the MK3-USB Cable to setup.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johanz avatar image johanz commented ·
Thank you
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The GX provides the comms for the battery's BMS (CAN connection), which is recommended so the battery can manage the inverter. This won't help a third party MPPT but would if you replaced it with a Victron, It provides a lot more control.

There is little difference in cost between an integrated GX vs a standalone Cerbo, the latter which has better connectivity, relay control, sensor inputs etc.

For mobile use I would still keep a mk3 cable handy.

1 comment
2 |3000

johanz avatar image johanz commented ·
Thanks
0 Likes 0 ·