question

purifiedlife avatar image
purifiedlife asked

Multi control battery level

3 days ago we had a Victron Energy multiplus 24v 3000va 70 amp, multi control, 6 360w panels and 12 lead acid installed. I asked the instaler 3 times how to check the battery level and he skirted around the question and ignored me 3 times. So now I have this system but have no idea what is going on with it. so now I ask you folks the same question. On the multi controller, what setting is the actual battery level. I have no idea how to view the amount of charge the batteries have. Thank you in advance!

battery capacity
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

As far as I am aware that's not what it does nor is for.

You would need a GX device or a Battery monitor (BMV) with blueteeth.

Generally, since you also have solar, you'd want the BMV, as the internal metering of the multi will be inaccurate as it doesn't see all the energy flows.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

purifiedlife avatar image
purifiedlife answered ·

Purchased the bmv-700 and got it hooked up. The problem we are having is the battery charging percent only lowers even though the battery voltage goes up goes up. Very confusing.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic