question

jyweet avatar image
jyweet asked

15kVA Quattro failure and blown fuse upon grid to battery transfer

I have a 90kVA 3 phase system (6 x 15kVA quattros). I have lost two quattros within 2 days of operation. When the inverter should take over the load something gets stuck and the 315A fuse fails. Then upon replacement of the fuse something inside the inverter will burn out (sparks fire and lots of smoke). This is not something that can be replicated, and is not load dependent, it happens randomly, however, only on grid to battery transition instances. System will run fine for a day with multiple grid to battery cycles and then fail with a one second voltage dip on the grid. Did Victron change some components over the past year or so towards the quattro?

I have 1 second power quality meter data, so I can see exactly what happened at the instant of failure, and on one instance it was just a 1 second dip in grid power that caused the failure. Power consumption at the time was only 2300W for the L1 phase on which the Master inverter failed.

Any ideas will be welcome

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvdig avatar image
mvdig answered ·

Has this issue been completely solved? Ivé had a similar situation. If solved, what have you done to fix it?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gerardg avatar image
gerardg answered ·

Hello. It seems i had the same problem.. just finished the installation, all the settings where going well, i did a charge with the grid and After the genset (18kva 1 phase) and After few minutes... Some Bad smell and inverter cut out. I Saw the Fet bridges damages (some fet are cracked).

I did hundreds of installation with victron and first Time i have that fast and weird behaviour...

It's a 15 kva Quattro connected on grid and genset with a small Solar charger and micro inverters on the output (but not working for now due to snow)...

IS the transfert from grid to genset (or contrary)if i have both in same time can give some issues sometimes?

I Suppose a factory issue for that device... But i need to be sure.

thanks

2 |3000