question

rubicon avatar image
rubicon asked

Multiplus 3K 12v with only 300Ah lithium

Do to space issues. I would like to use the Multiplus 3K 12v with only 300Ah of lithium batteries. I know 400Ah is recommended. However, if I don’t push the limits on power consumption, will the Multiplus 3K unit still perform well? The new 2K unit will not fit in my vehicle.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·
So the battle bms can do 100A continuous, so you should be golden there.

Just make sure the interlinks are beefy if you are daisy chaining. (The current adds up over the battery terminals.)
Or use a lynx power in.
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rubicon avatar image rubicon commented ·
I’m using all 4/0. My runs are a little longer, batteries under the vehicle.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Rubicon

What is more of the issue is can the bms of the batteries combined support the full inverter load or 250A at 12v?

There will be voltage collapse and it will make them work harder.

The next point would be are you using a bus bar with them individually connected? Sometimes the end ones can trip because of current share when daisy linked and then chaos ensues...

1 comment
2 |3000

rubicon avatar image rubicon commented ·
I should have stated, I would like to use the 3K 12v MultiPlus. I will have 3 Battle Born 100Ah batteries connected in parallel and a 400 amp class T fuse before the main on/off switch. On the negative side, Victron IP65 Smart Shunt to Blue Sea power bus bar to MultiPlus. On the positive side, Blue Sea on/off switch to power bus bar to class T fuse required for the MultiPlus.
0 Likes 0 ·