question

Eran Rundstein avatar image
Eran Rundstein asked

Multiplus 24/3000 appears to have died

Hello,

It appears my Multiplus 3000/24 has stopped working. It will not turn on and the Cerbo shows it as disconnected. This happened after I powered off my system today (by disconnecting the battery). When I reconnected, it would no longer show any signs of life. Shore power was disconnected at the time. No AC loads were connected.

Things I have tried:

1) Measured the voltage at the terminals inside the multiplus - 26.4v

2) Replace the fuse in the Lynx distributor just in case

3) Try with shore power plugged in

4) Try with the communication cable disconnected from the Cerbo

5) Measure the voltage during power up - it starts at around 1v (whatever is left in the capacitors, very slowly discharging). I can see the voltage ramp up over a few seconds as my BMS's (REC BMS) pre charge is activated, and then go up to 26.4 when the main contractor is switched on. I also tried without the precharge.

No LEDs turn on at any point. Everything else appears to be working fine (MPPT, DC loads, Cerbo).

What are my next steps?

Thank you!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anomof avatar image anomof commented ·

Eran sorry to hear this, how long have you had the Multiplus? Were the loads and AC also disconnected before the battery was disconnected? Did you switch off the loads then disconnect the AC then the battery in that order? What type of loads were running prior? Was there a reason for disconnecting everything? Did you hear or smell anything during the disconnect? Is there a fuse in line on the battery positive cable? Did you check all breakers and fuses? Sorry for all the questions just trying for a baseline of the situation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Eran Rundstein avatar image Eran Rundstein anomof commented ·
I've had it since 2020 but barely used it since I am in the process of building my van, where it is installed. It was on for maybe 20 hours total since I bought it.

There were no AC loads plugged in. The shutdown order was:

1) Turn the Multiplus off via the Cerbo GX

2) Unplug shore power

3) Turn off my main battery disconnect switch

Only loads were ~30W of LED lights on my DC bus, and the Cerbo GX. I disconnected everything since I added another device to the DC bus. I have since removed it just in case, but as expected it made no difference.

Didnt hear or smell anything. There is a class T fuse between the battery and the shutoff switch. It didn't blow since the DC loads still work fine when I turn the battery disconnect back. And like I said, I replaced the fuse in the Lynx going to the Multiplus, and also confirmed the voltage at the Multiplus terminals inside it. Happy to check anything else inside it with a multimeter - I didn't see any obvious test points or an internal fuse or anything like that.

No worries about the questions, appreciate the time and attempt to help.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Eran Rundstein answered ·

Something's really weird here... so I connected the Multiplus to the mk3 USB dongle this morning, and it does respond. In fact, everything there looks fine, I am able to change settings, but no matter what it still won't turn on. I tried resetting to default settings and just changing the battery type to Lifepo4, ensured no assistants are installed, etc but it still doesn't work.

And it still won't show as connected when I plug it to the Cerbo.

img-3202-large.jpeg

img-3195-large.jpeg

img-3202-large.jpeg (89.7 KiB)
img-3195-large.jpeg (233.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Eran Rundstein answered ·

Update: I performed a firmware update as suggested by the company I purchased the inverter from, and the inverter appears to be alive again.

2 |3000