question

morres83 avatar image
morres83 asked

VE.Bus system configuration L2 options

This question is about setting a second Multiplus 2 on phase L2 with dual phase 120 degree (European 230/400V grid).

Is there any explanation about the "options for L2 phase" fixed, floating and floating with return to original phase? Which setting is most appropriate?

I cannot find anything in the user manuals, instruction videos or this forum.

Thanks

morres

Multiplus-IIsplit phase
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·

Hi

I have used floating in one of my installs. which had 2 phase 180 phase shift. if fixed the L2 phase might get neglected.

From Help file on fixed and floating.

Note that the moment you choose 'Dual phase 180' (or any other Dual phase setting) the box 'options for L2 phase' becomes active. These options determine what will happen with phase L2 if an AC input with an incorrect phase is connected. Assume in this case that L2 is connected with a phase shift of 120 degrees (relative to L1).

If 'L2 fixed' is selected then this AC source will be neglected. If 'L2 floating' is selected then the Phase L2 output will slowly shift from 180 degrees to the phase shift of the AC input (in this case 120 degrees). If the two match then the AC input is accepted and the internal transfer switch will close (if all other necessary conditions are met).

The difference between the 'L2 floating' and 'L2 floating with return to original phase' options becomes apparent when the AC input is removed. If 'L2 floating with return to original phase' is chosen then the L2 output phase will slowly shift back to (in this case) 180 degrees. If 'L2 floating' is chosen then the output phase will not change when the AC input is removed. (The phase will thus always be equal to the last connected AC input phase.)

For now we select 'L2 fixed'

1 Like 1 ·
1 Answer
thomas-pv avatar image
thomas-pv answered ·

@morres83

what did you choose for L2 Option in 120 degree European Grid?

I didn't understand the help text.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.