question

rasiebenaler avatar image
rasiebenaler asked

PUK failure to reset Bluetooth PIN

I am unable to reset my Bluetooth PIN code with the PUK listed on my BMV712

See attached photo of the decal on the rear of my device, showing the PUK code that does NOT work

I have tried several variants of the code including:

BCCE5Е2B5439

8CCE5Е285439

BCCE6Е2B6439

8CCE6Е286439

59B5970F-3FD9-407E-B35B-8A469EAC9DF7.jpeg

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) answered ·

Hi,

Using the service report we have found the problem: the second "E" that was entered as PUK code was not a Latin character capital E, but it is the Cyrillic capital letter Ie (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ye_(Cyrillic)). How did you enter the text? Only using the keyboard? Can you then retry with the keyboard set to english? When you somehow copied the text from an image scanner, then that misidentified the letter. Can you then retry it just using the keyboard to enter the PUK code?

For the future, we will investigate how we can improve the behavior of VictronConnect.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rasiebenaler answered ·

Well that did it!

It seems that my cut and paste from a picture was converted to the incorrect letter E!!

Thank you

2 |3000

Hi,

The first PUK code you mention should be the correct one. Can you perhaps create a service report directly after trying to reset the PIN code and attach that here in a comment?

The procedure for making a service report is here: https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

2 |3000

rasiebenaler answered ·

VictronConnect_report.logReport attached

2 |3000

dullers avatar image
dullers answered ·

Hello

I'm having the exact same issue the original poster.

Here's a picture of my BMV 712 label, as well as the service report.

VictronConnect_report.log

This is a new unit to me. This is the first time I've turned it on.

Can you assist?

Thank you!

Chris

pxl-20230514-222432758.jpg

2 |3000

Hi @Dullers

I can see in this service report that VictronConnect is trying to connect to the SmartSolar instead of the SmartBMV, yet the PUK code of the SmartBMV is used. So i look like you pressed "Reset PIN code" next to the SmartSolar and not the SmartBMV.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

1 comment
2 |3000

dullers avatar image dullers commented ·
Hi Thiemo

Thank you for the quick response! That gives me a good idea of what to try next.
I'm fairly confident I was pressing the "Reset Pin Code" for the BMV.
I think next I will try to forget/remove the other solar devices and only have the BMV available. I will report back with my results.
Cheers!

-Chris

0 Likes 0 ·