question

chris2sox avatar image
chris2sox asked

Thermal breaker tripping on multiplus

I have a Pheonix multiplus 24/3000/70 for an off-grid system to supply my house with a generator on auto-start . I have had the same set-up for some years. I now have a problem with the 16A thermal switch popping out after some minutes when the genny fires up due to an additional load e.g. washing machine. Is this simply a case of the switch becoming faulty? I don´t understand the reasons for the switch popping in the first place since neither the overload or temperature warning lights come on.

Thanks for any advice.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @chris2sox

I'm always suspicious of breakers, especially with 'thermal' in their name. 16A isn't really much though. Your Multi can indeed handle more than that (without alarming) with it's charge capacity and passthrough capabilities. You could limit those via setting if you see it necessary.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chris2sox avatar image
chris2sox answered ·

Thanks for the suggestions. I will take the inverter down, inspect it and make sure the fan is OK. I´ll replace the breaker at the same time and if that doesn´t work then I´ll have to get an electrician over.

1 comment
2 |3000

anomof avatar image anomof commented ·
I would verify all connections for tightness, there may be a high resistance connection in the wiring path for the washing machine
0 Likes 0 ·