question

mcarse avatar image
mcarse asked

Blue Smart IP22 Charger and Global Link 520

Will the BlueSmart IP22 charger communicate with GlobalLink 520 over bluetooth?

I don't see it on the lists, but seems odd because it supports Bluetooth Instant the same as the rest.

Pre purchase qualifier in my case.

Thanks!

bluesmart ip22globallinkBluetooth Low Energy - BLE
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @mcarse

The BlueSmart IP22 does not support Instant readout and therefore doesn't communicate with the GlobalLink 520 like other smart devices do. See the list for compatible smart devices that communicate with the GlobalLink 520 via Bluetooth/Instant readout.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mcarse avatar image
mcarse answered ·

Thanks Stefanie,

I could have sworn I had instant readout back in the fall before it got put away for the winter.

All good. Thanks for the info.

Matt

2 |3000

Fra avatar image
Fra answered ·

Will support the instant readout in the future?

Thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

Sorry, I don't know (yet).

0 Likes 0 ·
hub avatar image hub Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I would also like to know if/when the IP22 will be supported on Global Link 520. Is there a hardware limitation that prevents this, or is this a firmware/software change that is required on the Blue Smart device? We would hope that all Blue Smart devices would support instant readout, but some do not. Just wondering why.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources