question

apw avatar image
apw asked

BMV 702 PCB with 712 Head

Hi there,

I have BMV712. My B2 voltage reading was way off so I replaced the PCB on the shunt. The mistake I made was that I had a 702 PCB. I installed 702 PCB and instrument (712) display did not turn on. I replaced the 702 PCB with my original 712 PCB and the display head still didn't turn on.

Is it possible I damaged my instrument display by using 702 PCB with 712 display? Or is there something I can do to setup. I seem to remember when I installed the first time, the instrument lit up as soon as all connections were made.

Thanks!

Andy

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The shunt PCB for a BMV-702 and a BMV-712 are the same. The BMV-700 PCB is different with only one (B1) input but even that would light up a BMV-712.
I'm not sure what could have gone wrong when replacing the shunt PCB, there is not much to get wrong. Are you sure there is nothing short circuiting the PCB anywhere causing the BMV not to start up? Is it screwed to the shunt correctly?
Is the fuse still OK in the red wire?
Are you definitely connecting the red wire to the B1 terminal?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

apw avatar image
apw answered ·

Thanks I will have another look tonight. The disconnect and reconnect was reasonably straightforward, as you had indicated. I will check the fuse hopefully this was the problem.

Thanks for the quick reply!

2 |3000