question

andy156 avatar image
andy156 asked

Can I control the frequency output of the Quattro to test SolarEdge APS

I have a SolarEdge HD5000 that isn't responding to the APS settings. It was updated to the latest firmware late last year. It is connected to the AC Out of the Quattro so when in Island mode the Solar Edge needs to be controlled when there is a full battery.

With the current weather at the moment in Scotland it is quite unusual to be able to have full power in the battery and sunshine to test the functionality.

Is there a way of controlling the Quattros frequency output slightly in order to test the response of the SolarEdge at any time? There seems to be a window of about a minute from the start of the Quattro demanding a reduction in output and the batteries BMS finally demanding zero charge.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
andy156 avatar image
andy156 answered ·

I have found that lowering the maximum charge voltage in the DVCC will produce the same frequency response as when the battery is full.

I set the voltage to 51 in the graphic but lower would probably be better. Also make sure the SOC isn't near 100% if you are turning on the Solar Edge. I don't have it on when I was experimenting here.

Could this procedure be added to the manual at https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:gx_solaredge to test the Solar Edge is actually responding? It's quite important to make sure the settings are working as advertised. In my case I was told by Solar Edge I have set everything up correctly but it still failed to throttle. They have opened a case to look at it.

screenshot-2023-02-06-at-144816.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.