question

boatie avatar image
boatie asked

Controlling Quattro Charge current from iPhone with VicrtonConnect app

IMG_5104.PNGIMG_5103.PNGOn my boat I have a Victron Quattro 12/5000/220-100/100 230V VE.Bus Inverter Charger. I have a 500AH LFP battery bank that is controlled by a BMS (Elecrtodacus SBMS0). The BMS remotely controls the charger and inverter to prevent over charging or over discharging.

I have been using the MK3-USB connected to my Mac to change the charging amps via the VictronConnect app. When the boat is connected to shore power, I set it to charge at 30 amps to slowly charge the batteries to full. When I am on the boat I set it to 220 amps when I use the generator to add quick charge but not to full. Unfortunately, the shore power and the genset are connected to the same Quattro AC input, otherwise I would set the input current differently for each device.

I have the VictronConnect app also on my iPhone, and use it to view/control the Victron DC/DC chargers and Victron Smart Battery connect via bluetooth. I would like to use the iPhone to also control the Quattro via bluetooth.

I have tried connecting a VE.Bus Smart Dongle but it will not work because of the remote control connection from the BMS (see attached images).

Is there any way that I can use my iPhone to control the Quattro via bluetooth? If not, can my Mac control it via bluetooth? I want to be able to control the Quattro without having a messy USB cable to attach only when needed to change the charger setting.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
img-5104.png (266.2 KiB)
img-5103.png (368.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers