question

jasonsele avatar image
jasonsele asked

Input Current Limit setting for dual Quattro in parallel?

I'm connected to 30A shore power with two Quattros in parallel. Should the VRM portal show 30A or 60A for the Input Current Limit? I noticed that if I change it to 30A and download the VE Configure file it will show 15A on each Quattro. If I then change it to 30A on each Quattro and upload the file the VRM portal shows 60A. I had assumed that the VRM portal Input Current Limit should match the shore power limit but it appears to add the two quattros together. I'm connecting L1 to Quattro #1 and L2 to Quattro #2 so with a 30A connection it's only feeding power to one Quattro anyway. I just want to make sure I'm not pulling 60A from that circuit. Thoughts?

current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@jasonsele

The input current limit set on a parallel system is always divided between the number of units on the phase.

So if you set 30A it is shared over the units.

In ve config check the override by remote so you can use your GX to alter it as necessary without using the mk3 or reprogramming. over the vrm.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jasonsele avatar image
jasonsele answered ·

Thanks for the info. I have the override by remote checked and normally use that. I only noticed the Input Current Limit on the VRM while adjusting other settings. What I assume from your statement is that if I set the Input Current Limit in the VRM or through the GX to 30A it will divide that to 15A for each Quattro. Which is what it appears to do. That will pull 3600 watts from shore power. I just have to be aware that programming with VE Configure I need to leave the Input Current Limit to 15A for each Quattro. I also have a split phase config setup to use if I ever connect to 50A. I assume in that scenario I would set both Quattros to 50A since it is not divided like in Parallel.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic