question

Martin Gasthuber avatar image
Martin Gasthuber asked

How to change 'Settings->ESS->Grid Metering' from 'extern' (not from the GUI)

Hi,

in order to optimize external (connected at AC-IN1) and internal (connected to AC-OUT1) sources (AC PV-Inverters, CHP) because the external PV is used within existing long term contract with the grid provider - in short, for each kWh from this source feeded into the grid (sold) Euros are feed back ;-). Extendending the internal sources to a comparable level to internal sinks (large battery in in place) i would like to minimize the external PV for 'internal sources/charging'. After checking all parameters available via Modbus and/or dbus, i found the GUI changable parameter at Settings->ESS->Grid Metering (allows 'Inverter' and 'external meter' to be selected) which results in the desired system behaviour. In order to set these parameter from 'outside of VenusOS' haven't found (yet) the corresponding parameter mapped to dbus or modbus. Did someone out here have an indicator where to look at ?

best regards,

Martin

ESSModbus TCP
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rue-1 avatar image rue-1 commented ·
I am searching this feature, too. Didn't find a node on node red to read out or write the Settigs-ESS-Grid Metering.

Kind regards

Rüdiger

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Check the following in Remote Console

Settings|Energy Meters, set Role and Position correctly

Settings|ESS|Grid Feed-in|AC-coupled PV - feed in excess - OFF

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rue-1 avatar image
rue-1 answered ·

Dbus path: /Settings/CGwacs/Hub4Mode:

I use this in Node Red to switch between 1 and 3

• 1 - ESS with Phase Compensation
  • 2 - ESS without phase compensation
  • 3 - Disabled/External Control
2 |3000

Martin Gasthuber avatar image
Martin Gasthuber answered ·

i found the D-Bus related path that reflects the GUI setting Settings->ESS->Grid Metering which is (at least it changed synchronously with GUI changes) '/Settings/CGwacs/RunWithoutGridMeter' - unfortunetly i haven't found the corresponding Modbus address ! Of course i could add a wrapper script calling dbus-send to change that, via Modbus would be more comfortable and executable from outside the venus running system.

2 |3000