question

marcvl avatar image
marcvl asked

Multiplus not charging batteries

Hi: I have a multiplus 3000 connected to 2 Battleborn LiIon batteries. For some reason the batteries are not charging. I recently updated the firmware and I wonder if something went wrong in the process. The batteries are at 89.5% SOC and currently draining at a rate of about 400W. The Multiplus is set to 'charger only' and is connected to the grid. Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue. BTW, I'm also surprised that the Multiplus makes a slight humming noise. I didn't notice that before.screen-shot-2023-01-31-at-41937-pm.png

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
The State is Float, which mean, the Charger believe the Battery is full.

It seems, the Update has probably switched to another Battery type, e.g. Lead Acid...

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Sarah avatar image
Sarah answered ·

The update has likely reset your multiplus battery charge settings - you will need to log into the device and reset your battery to lithium and check the other parameters are still correct. I always take a screenshot of the multiplus settings before doing any updates.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

marcvl avatar image
marcvl answered ·

Thanks for the feedback. I did check the battery settings and they were correct. Strangely enough when I turned off the inverter and then turn it to charging only, it would not charge. But then I tried to turn it on completely, and that's when the charging kicked in. I'm not sure I understand this, but, hey, it seems to be working now.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
It WAS charging in the screenshot @ 36a.

?

0 Likes 0 ·