question

Petar Maksimovic avatar image
Petar Maksimovic asked

Multiplus - disable AC out while in Charger only mode

Is it possible to have AC out disconnected when Multi is in Charger only mode and AC in is present?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Petar Maksimovic answered ·

John,

I've resolved the issue by adding one relay on AC output which will disconnect it when Multi is used as charger only. Thanks to awkward wiring onboard, that is the only way to avoid feeding the same AC input back to its source when Multi is charging. When there is no AC input onboard, Multi can safely invert from batteries to provide 220V.

So I was hoping that can be done with some internal settings or assistant instead of external relay...

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Petar. I may be misunderstanding your question, but I don't think there's an internal setting within the Multi to disable ACout.

Normally you'd expect that to go through a downstream breaker(s), and you'd switch it off there. Indeed the EasySolar units (Multi aboard) have those breakers incorporated in the blue box.

2 |3000

Petar Maksimovic answered ·

John,

to cut the story of unnecessary complicated factory wiring short, it has to be disabled when there is other AC source (shore or genset) available, so I fit the external relay as I couldn't find the settings to do it with unit software.

Option like "no AC out in Charger only mode" is something that would resolve it without external relaying. But I can't tell it is feature that would be widely used...

2 comments
2 |3000

JohnC avatar image JohnC ♦ commented ·

Yeh Petar, I can see why you might want an easier way. Trouble might arise when that's relied upon to isolate a circuit, then for some 'obscure' reason it doesn't happen. Safety first..

0 Likes 0 ·
Roger Parker avatar image Roger Parker commented ·
I was going to basically ask this same question but did a search first because I just used "Charger Only" for the first time and now I'm wondering why is that even an option if it still feeds AC power? I'm not understanding something.
0 Likes 0 ·