question

teatrodelasfuentes avatar image
teatrodelasfuentes asked

Wrong battery reading from the Victron MPPT 450/100

Hello, I had until yerterday two 3500 W Pylontech batteries installed since my four 48v Pylontech US500 modules had to be taken to the technical service a few days after installing them and the readings were correct with the 3500W.

Yesterday we installed the 4 repaired modules with the new BMS changed and everything is working now. What happens is that the Victron MPPT makes an erroneous reading of the minimum voltage of the batteries. As you can see in the photo, it says that the minimum voltage today is 10 V and yesterday 17 V.

This is impossible since the entire installation would have been cut off and I have been observing it and the voltage is always between 49 V and 52 volts.

How can I correct this Victron reading error? Which may be?

MPPT Controllers
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@teatrodelasfuentes@gmail.com

Maybe the batteries are switching off.

0 Likes 0 ·
teatrodelasfuentes avatar image teatrodelasfuentes Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Do you mean they are turning off and on by themselves? And why does the inverter continue to work correctly without interruption?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ teatrodelasfuentes commented ·

Possibly, is the system inverting all the time? it can do so if the battery switches off and solar is working. Or if grid is present.

Are you sure all the connections are ok?

And yes, they are repaired batteries maybe they still have a problem.

0 Likes 0 ·
teatrodelasfuentes avatar image teatrodelasfuentes Alexandra ♦ commented ·

I would have to check all the Cerbo connections, maybe some of them are not right because they don't seem to turn off since there is no alarm and nothing is cut off at any time.

What is the best way to check the connections?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ teatrodelasfuentes commented ·
Battery connections? What else has been changed or disturbed in the system?

Comms cables?

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers