question

Enzo avatar image
Enzo asked

Can the SmartSolar MPPT 150/60 be configured to change the relay status when in float mode?

Hi Everyone,

I would like to find out if there is a way to program the relay in the SmartSolar MPPT 150/60 to change state when the battery charge status is in float mode.

At moment I have setup the relay to change state (open) when the AGM 24V battery bank voltage reaches 27.6V and closed state when it drops to 25V.

Ideally, I would like to re-apply the load to the battery bank after it has in float mode, to ensure it has been fully charged and thus extending battery life.

Thank you and regards,

Enzo

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You should not connect load output to the battery. It's there to prevent excessive discharge from the battery. So only non-essential consumers should be connected to it.

Your wish is inherent in the MPPT behaviour. It will increase output to maintain float voltage. And float voltage is considered fully charged.

However if you look in expert mode under the battery settings of the MPPT, there's a rebulk offset value. This triggers a full charge cycle once a significant voltage drop occurs. This overrides the maintain float voltage and is for heavy battery loads. Excessive bulk cycles will shorten the battery service life. So do not trick this to enter bulk unless it's warranted.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Enzo avatar image Enzo commented ·
Thank you Kevgermany.
0 Likes 0 ·
Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Yes, in the Victron Connect APP

2 |3000