question

rob-mills avatar image
rob-mills asked

MPPT 100/30, Battery Sense and BMV702

I have two AGM battery banks with existing BMV702 monitors (no temp sense installed). The banks are in the engine room of my boat.

I am installing an MPPT 100/30 on each bank and am a little concerned with voltage and temp compensation. The controllers will not likely be in the engine room, and will be about 10' away from the batteries.
Am I best to install a battery sense on each bank, or am I able to get the bluetooth dongle and temp cable for the BMV702's and use that somehow ?

or, am I overthinking things. The batteries never get over 35 C, that is only 0.12v of compensation needed which should not be a problem if I set the voltage parameters in the middle of the band for my batteries.

BMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolarAGM Battery
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Rob Mills

Don't overlook the standard Temp Comp functionality of the 100/30. It will take the Temp internally at startup and determine the correction for the rest of the day. That's usually enough for most people, given the range suitable for Pb batts.

So it's up to you. But be warned, adding in this stuff is addictive. And early addons even useless if you graduate to the full monty. Take care.. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page