question

moodlyd avatar image
moodlyd asked

Multiplus II on ESS with Pylontec batteries low solar usage

Hi

I have the Multiplus II with a CCGX, smart solar charger and connected with the Pylontech Lithium batteries.

All devices have latest software.

All settings are as per instructions.

Feed extra power to grid option selected.

However, solar used only to sustain battery and none to the Gris even though batteries are charged.

Multiplus-IIESSsmart solar set-up help
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

please send screen shots of your ESS setup and a diagram of the wiring setup as well

please advise on all devices F/W versions

I suspect that the below is not turned on please check

0 Likes 0 ·
1558001304413.png (44.9 KiB)
moodlyd avatar image moodlyd commented ·

Hi Paul B

Multiplus Inverter Firmware 430

CCGX Firmware 2.23

Solar Charger 1.39

See screen shots attached

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Did you disable sustain mode in Veconfig? Also, if you are feeding back rather set ESS mode to keep batteries charged and see what happens

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi Murraynated, perfect thank you, it was the sustain mode.....i decreased the sustain voltage on the inverter to 47.5V and it solved the problem.

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan moodlyd commented ·

Awesome! Glad that fixed it

0 Likes 0 ·
moodlyd avatar image
moodlyd answered ·

One more thing for other users, just remember that PYLONTEC supplies then incorrect network cable. Making a new cable, if you have the crimper, is quick and easy.

The important connections is what is stated below, the others can be 1-1, and criss crossed for these connections:

Function Victron VE.Can side to Battery side:

GND Pin 3 to Pin 2

CAN-L Pin 8 to Pin 5

CAN-H Pin 7 to Pin 4

2 |3000

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

It is common to have the grid set point to 0, or 50. Yours is set to 4100, why is this? I suspect this is your cause.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi, no, it was set at 50, I increased it for a short while to see the impact, but that is not the reason!

0 Likes 0 ·