question

Azam Amod avatar image
Azam Amod asked

3ph quattro system with single phase grid and generator with ESS

Hi

I have a 3 x quattros setup as a 3phase system, together with DC coupled PV and LifePo batteries.

Can I charge the batteries with a single phase grid and single phase generator without losing the ESS? I do not mind adding another Quatro to the system to manage that aspect. Also, if required, how will that 4th Quattro tie in and connect with the system?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Azam Amod

No. You have to have switched as a group off to charge from one phase only, and that means ESS will not work.

Add another charger. It does not have to be a Quattro. The only concern is (what batteries do you have) how will the system know about the other charge source? So how is SOC measured?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Azam Amod avatar image
Azam Amod answered ·

@Alexandra thank you for your points.

I have LifePo4 Batteries with BMS. is there a way that we can add in a charger to the system that will run concurrently with the 3 x quattros?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Azam Amod

If you have a bmv shunt that has comms to the GX, then the system will know what is going on, when tou charge from a.different source.

0 Likes 0 ·
mswoboda avatar image
mswoboda answered ·

Well, I think that you can take a charger with 48V (some people buy an old one for forklift) and connect it directly to the busbar.
But I never tried it.
Concerns?

2 |3000