question

Harold Lopez avatar image
Harold Lopez asked

Split Phase Multiplus II

Hi, I am having some problems with a 2x120V Multilus II phase slplit system.

When running in inverter mode, I can see the output power on L1 and L2 displayed on my GX Touch connected to a Cerbo, but, when my batteries reach (47.2Vdc) 40%, I am using the Virtualswitch configuration to transfer the power to the grid (120/240V), when this happens, I can only see the power charged on L1 and nothing on L2, even though I know there are 2 AC being suply on 240V,

Any idea what is going on or if there are any parameters I need to change in the configuration?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Victron does not make ANY split phase inverters.

The 2x is a purpose designed inverter that automatically handles 30A vs. 50A shore power connections on an RV. When fed with single phase, it shorts L1 to L2 to provide power to the second leg in the RV. When connected to a split phase power source it simply passes through the L2 to the panel. It can provide powerassist on L1 but not on L2.

Short version:

L2 is either shorted to L1 when on single phase or passthrough when on split phase.

The inverter can only invert/charge/backfeed on L1.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Harold Lopez avatar image
Harold Lopez answered ·

Hello,

Thanks for helping me with this issue.

Actually, the system has 2 multiplus II (120v, 3000va each) to make the split phase topology. So, I am feeding from mains one Multi with L1, and the other with L2. The problem is that when the system transfers the load to the grid, everything is working fine, but I can't see the power measurement, as I do when the system is running in battery mode.

Is it possible that I am missing some settings?

This is what it looks like running on batteries:

1674446190279.png

Thanks again.

`

1674446190279.png (52.7 KiB)
2 |3000