question

ako avatar image
ako asked

MPPT showing Voltage at night

I noticed today that im experiencing voltage throughout the night at the Array terminals inside my old style Blue Solar MPPT . Looking back i can see it started 11 days ago before that the voltage was always around 1 volt now its around 21 volts while the battery's are around 24.8 , there is no current at all showing , only voltage .

Early this morning prior to charging i disconnected the cables coming in from the array and they had no voltage in them , this voltage is confined to the terminals so not coming from the panels and only way to eliminate it is to disconnect the batteries .

Everything else seems to be working as it should , I have confirmed all the other voltages with a Multimeter and they corresponds exactly , the charging states are also as they should be at the correct points and float starts exactly when it should to the minute , after the time in absorption relative to battery voltage prior to charge coming in , everything including history appears to work as it should and is accurate .

Tonight i turned the Array off and the voltage at the terminals rose went up a couple of volts .

My concern is that the voltage at the Panel connection now being sent to the panels it could damage them

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers