question

carsten2 avatar image
carsten2 asked

ESS mode 2: MaxChargePercentage has no effect

1) According to the documenation https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:ess_mode_2_and_3#running_software_on_the_ccgx_and_using_dbus_paths is should be possible to disabled the charger by setting com.victronenergy.settings /Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargePercentage to 0, but this does not have an effect and the charger is still charging the battery.

The corresponding setting for the inverter com.victronenergy.settings /Settings/CGwacs/MaxDischargePercentage works however.

2) What is the setting Settings/CGwacs/MaxChargePower used for? This has no effect.

battery charging
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

djbower1 avatar image djbower1 commented ·

Just tried this myself and your right. I does NOT work. If I read the ESS info correct, it's due to DVCC being enabled and you can only use max charge current (in amps)

"ESS Mode 2 - Max charge current for ESS control-loop. The control-loop will use this value to limit the multi power setpoint. For DVCC, use 2705 instead."

0 Likes 0 ·
carsten2 avatar image carsten2 djbower1 commented ·

There seems to be no option to disable the charger at all. Even setting MaxChargeCurrent (2705) to 0, the Multiplus still charges with about 1 ampere, possibly overcharging the battery.

The only possibility to really stop charging seems to be setting charge voltage to 0 (or below the current battery voltage). From the LED lights the charger still stays and wasting energy.

This seems to be a bug:

There should be a possibilty to really switch of the charger.

I.e. MaxChargePercentage should work. Also settings MaxChargeCurrent to 0 should prevent additional charging, by either really ensuring 0 amperes or switching of the charger completely.

BTW: Where did you cite the "ESS mode 2" sentence from, I cannot find it in the linked document.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers